Dr. Sun received his PhD in 2009 from the Institute of Physics, Chinese Academy of Science, Beijing. He did postdoctoral research at Oak Ridge National Laboratory from 2009 to 2011 and at the University of Utah from 2012 to 2014. He continued to work at the University of Utah as a research assistant professor from 2015 to 2016. He recently joined the NC State Department of Physics as an assistant professor.
Area(s) of Expertise
Dr. Sun’s research interests are in spintronics and optoelectronics of organic semiconductors, magnetic thin films and organic-inorganic hybrid perovskites. It includes the studies of organic spin valves, organic light-emitting diodes, hybrid perovskite optoelectronic/spintronics devices, and their device physics. The Sun Research Group at NC State focuses on exploring novel routes for spin injection and detection, magnetic field effect, spin Hall effect and their applications in molecules, polymers and newly emerged materials.
- Chiral-phonon-activated spin Seebeck effect , NATURE MATERIALS (2023)
- Dual Topology of Dirac Electron Transport and Photogalvanic Effect in Low-Dimensional Topological Insulator Superlattices , ADVANCED MATERIALS (2023)
- Hybrid magnonics in hybrid perovskite antiferromagnets , NATURE COMMUNICATIONS (2023)
- Thickness-Dependent Thermal Conductivity and Phonon Mean Free Path Distribution in Single-Crystalline Barium Titanate , ADVANCED SCIENCE (2023)
- A Universal Cosolvent Evaporation Strategy Enables Direct Printing of Perovskite Single Crystals for Optoelectronic Device Applications , Advanced Materials (2022)
- Chemical Control of Magnetic Ordering in Hybrid Fe-CI Layered Double Perovskites , CHEMISTRY OF MATERIALS (2022)
- Comprehensive demonstration of spin Hall Hanle effects in epitaxial Pt thin films , Physical Review B (2022)
- Spintronic Terahertz Emission in Ultrawide Bandgap Semiconductor/Ferromagnet Heterostructures , ADVANCED OPTICAL MATERIALS (2022)
- Study of Photocarriers Lifetime Distribution in a-Si:H via Magneto-photoconductivity and Magneto-Photoluminescence , ADVANCED OPTICAL MATERIALS (2022)
- Coherent control of asymmetric spintronic terahertz emission from two-dimensional hybrid metal halides , NATURE COMMUNICATIONS (2021)