Dr. Sun received his PhD in 2009 from the Institute of Physics, Chinese Academy of Science, Beijing. He did postdoctoral research at Oak Ridge National Laboratory from 2009 to 2011 and at the University of Utah from 2012 to 2014. He continued to work at the University of Utah as a research assistant professor from 2015 to 2016. He recently joined the NC State Department of Physics as an assistant professor.
Area(s) of Expertise
Dr. Sun’s research interests are in spintronics and optoelectronics of organic semiconductors, magnetic thin films and organic-inorganic hybrid perovskites. It includes the studies of organic spin valves, organic light-emitting diodes, hybrid perovskite optoelectronic/spintronics devices, and their device physics. The Sun Research Group at NC State focuses on exploring novel routes for spin injection and detection, magnetic field effect, spin Hall effect and their applications in molecules, polymers and newly emerged materials.
- A Universal Cosolvent Evaporation Strategy Enables Direct Printing of Perovskite Single Crystals for Optoelectronic Device Applications , ADVANCED MATERIALS (2022)
- Chemical Control of Magnetic Ordering in Hybrid Fe-CI Layered Double Perovskites , CHEMISTRY OF MATERIALS (2022)
- Study of Photocarriers Lifetime Distribution in a-Si:H via Magneto-photoconductivity and Magneto-Photoluminescence , ADVANCED OPTICAL MATERIALS (2022)
- Coherent control of asymmetric spintronic terahertz emission from two-dimensional hybrid metal halides , NATURE COMMUNICATIONS (2021)
- Gamma-Ray Detection Using Bi-Poor Cs2AgBiBr6 Double Perovskite Single Crystals , ADVANCED OPTICAL MATERIALS (2021)
- Observation of spatially resolved Rashba states on the surface of CH3NH3PbBr3 single crystals , APPLIED PHYSICS REVIEWS (2021)
- Large spin to charge conversion in the topological superconductor β−PdBi2 at room temperature , Physical Review B (2020)
- Magneto-Optical Detection of Photoinduced Magnetism via Chirality-Induced Spin Selectivity in 2D Chiral Hybrid Organic–Inorganic Perovskites , ACS Nano (2020)
- Observation of carrier concentration dependent spintronic terahertz emission from n-GaN/NiFe heterostructures , Applied Physics Letters (2020)
- Observation of long spin lifetime in MAPbBr3 single crystals at room temperature , Journal of Physics: Materials (2020)