Professor Fröhlich received her PhD in Physics in 2007 from the University of Basel in Switzerland. She spent 3 years as Enrico Fermi Postdoctoral Fellow at the University of Chicago before joining the faculty at NC State University in 2010 as an assistant professor.
She is a Cottrell Scholar and a Research Corporation Scialog Fellow in Time-Domain Astrophysics.
Area(s) of Expertise
She discovered a new nucleosynthesis process, the neutrino p-process, which for the first time allowed to explain some observed abundances in metal-poor stars. Her current research is centered around predicting multi-messenger signals from explosive events, such as core-collapse supernovae and pair-instability supernovae.
- Core-Collapse Supernovae: From Neutrino-Driven 1D Explosions to Light Curves and Spectra , (2020)
- Coupling neutrino oscillations and simulations of core-collapse supernovae , Physical Review D (2020)
- Exploring the relationship between geomagnetic activity and human heart rate variability , EUROPEAN JOURNAL OF APPLIED PHYSIOLOGY (2020)
- PUSHing Core-collapse Supernovae to Explosions in Spherical Symmetry. IV. Explodability, Remnant Properties, and Nucleosynthesis Yields of Low-metallicity Stars , The Astrophysical Journal (2020)
- Catching Element Formation In The Act ; The Case for a New MeV Gamma-Ray Mission: Radionuclide Astronomy in the 2020s , Bulletin of the American Astronomical Society (2019)
- Nucleosynthesis for SN 1987A from single-star and binary-merger progenitors , JOURNAL OF PHYSICS G-NUCLEAR AND PARTICLE PHYSICS (2019)
- Synthetic Spectra of Pair-instability Supernovae in 3D , ASTROPHYSICAL JOURNAL (2019)
- The Origin of Chemical Elements: Connecting Laboratory Nuclear Astrophysics with Astronomical Observations through Nucleosynthesis Modeling , (2019)
- Uncertainties in νp-process nucleosynthesis from Monte Carlo variation of reaction rates , Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society (2019)
- Using failed supernovae to constrain the Galactic r-process element production , Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society (2019)
Honors and Awards
- 2020 Outstanding Teacher Award (NCSU)
- 2016 Cottrell Scholar Collaborative Award
- 2015 Scialog Fellow, Research Corporation
- 2014 Cottrell Scholar
- 2003 DOE CAREER Award
- 2001 Powe Faculty Enhancement Award (ORAU)
- 2007 Dissertation Prize (Swiss Physical Society)