Professor Fröhlich received her PhD in Physics in 2007 from the University of Basel in Switzerland. She spent 3 years as Enrico Fermi Postdoctoral Fellow at the University of Chicago before joining the faculty at NC State University in 2010 as an assistant professor.
She is a Cottrell Scholar and a Research Corporation Scialog Fellow in Time-Domain Astrophysics.
Area(s) of Expertise
She discovered a new nucleosynthesis process, the neutrino p-process, which for the first time allowed to explain some observed abundances in metal-poor stars. Her current research is centered around predicting multi-messenger signals from explosive events, such as core-collapse supernovae and pair-instability supernovae.
- A New Constraint on the Nuclear Equation of State from Statistical Distributions of Compact Remnants of Supernovae , The Astrophysical Journal Letters (2022)
- PUSHing Core-collapse Supernovae to Explosions in Spherical Symmetry. V. Equation of State Dependency of Explosion Properties, Nucleosynthesis Yields, and Compact Remnants , ASTROPHYSICAL JOURNAL (2022)
- A New Constraint on the Nuclear Equation of State from Statistical Distributions of Compact Remnants of Supernovae , arXiv e-prints (2021)
- Core-collapse Supernovae: From Neutrino-driven 1D Explosions to Light Curves and Spectra , ASTROPHYSICAL JOURNAL (2021)
- PUSHing core-collapse supernovae to explosions in spherical symmetry V: Equation of state dependency of explosion properties, nucleosynthesis yields, and compact remnants , (2021)
- Type Ia Supernova Models: Asymmetric Remnants and Supernova Remnant G1.9+0.3 , ASTROPHYSICAL JOURNAL (2021)
- Coupling neutrino oscillations and simulations of core-collapse supernovae , Physical Review D (2020)
- Exploring the relationship between geomagnetic activity and human heart rate variability , EUROPEAN JOURNAL OF APPLIED PHYSIOLOGY (2020)
- PUSHing Core-collapse Supernovae to Explosions in Spherical Symmetry. IV. Explodability, Remnant Properties, and Nucleosynthesis Yields of Low-metallicity Stars , The Astrophysical Journal (2020)
- Catching Element Formation In The Act ; The Case for a New MeV Gamma-Ray Mission: Radionuclide Astronomy in the 2020s , Bulletin of the American Astronomical Society (2019)
Honors and Awards
- 2020 Outstanding Teacher Award (NCSU)
- 2016 Cottrell Scholar Collaborative Award
- 2015 Scialog Fellow, Research Corporation
- 2014 Cottrell Scholar
- 2003 DOE CAREER Award
- 2001 Powe Faculty Enhancement Award (ORAU)
- 2007 Dissertation Prize (Swiss Physical Society)