Divine Kumah received his Ph.D in Applied Physics from the University of Michigan in 2009 and did postdoctoral research at the Center for Research in Interface and Surface Phenomena at Yale University. His research interests are in experimental condensed matter physics and are aimed at understanding the novel properties which emerge at the interfaces between crystalline materials.
Area(s) of Expertise
The Kumah Research Group at NC State uses state of the art atomic layer-by-layer deposition techniques including molecular beam epitaxy to fabricate thin crystalline oxide films. The group is focused on understanding how atomic-scale structural distortions at interfaces can be manipulated to induce novel electronic and magnetic phenomena and the development of pathways for harnessing these unique functionalities for electronic and energy applications. Tools used by the group include atomic force microscopy, electron diffraction and synchrotron-based x-ray spectroscopy and diffraction.
- Effect of buffer termination on intermixing and conductivity in LaTiO3/SrTiO3 heterostructures integrated on Si(100) , JOURNAL OF VACUUM SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY A (2022)
- Interface-driven magnetic anisotropy in relaxed La0.7Sr0.3CrO3/La0.7Sr0.3MnO3 heterostructures on MgO , JOURNAL OF APPLIED PHYSICS (2021)
- Two-dimensional electron systems and interfacial coupling in LaCrO3/KTaO3 heterostructures , APPLIED PHYSICS LETTERS (2021)
- Correlating polar distortions and interfacial charge at the polar/non-polar LaCrO3/SrTiO3 (001) interface , AIP Advances (2020)
- Effect of strain on magnetic and orbital ordering of LaSrCrO3/LaSrMnO3 heterostructures , Physical Review B (2020)
- Exchange bias in La0.7Sr0.3CrO3/La0.7Sr0.3MnO3/La0.7Sr0.3CrO3 heterostructures , AIP Advances (2020)
- On the redistribution of charge in La0.7Sr0.3CrO3/La0.7Sr0.3MnO3 multilayer thin films , AIP Advances (2020)
- Suspended single-crystalline oxide structures on silicon through wet-etch techniques: Effects of oxygen vacancies and dislocations on etch rates , Journal of Vacuum Science and Technology A: Vacuum, Surfaces and Films (2020)
- Tuning of spin-orbit coupling in metal-free conjugated polymers by structural conformation , Physical Review Materials (2020)
- Confinement of magnetism in atomically thin La0.7Sr0.3CrO3/La0.7Sr0.3MnO3 heterostructures , npj Quantum Materials (2019)