Divine Kumah received his Ph.D in Applied Physics from the University of Michigan in 2009 and did postdoctoral research at the Center for Research in Interface and Surface Phenomena at Yale University. His research interests are in experimental condensed matter physics and are aimed at understanding the novel properties which emerge at the interfaces between crystalline materials.
Area(s) of Expertise
The Kumah Research Group at NC State uses state of the art atomic layer-by-layer deposition techniques including molecular beam epitaxy to fabricate thin crystalline oxide films. The group is focused on understanding how atomic-scale structural distortions at interfaces can be manipulated to induce novel electronic and magnetic phenomena and the development of pathways for harnessing these unique functionalities for electronic and energy applications. Tools used by the group include atomic force microscopy, electron diffraction and synchrotron-based x-ray spectroscopy and diffraction.
- Anisotropic superconductivity at KTaO3(111) interfaces , SCIENCE ADVANCES (2023)
- Enhanced Critical Field of Superconductivity at an Oxide Interface , NANO LETTERS (2023)
- Ferroelectric Domain Wall Engineering Enables Thermal Modulation in PMN-PT Single Crystals , ADVANCED MATERIALS (2023)
- The Role of Carbon Content: A Comparison of the Nickel Particle Size and Magnetic Property of Nickel/Polysiloxane-Derived Silicon Oxycarbide , ADVANCED ENGINEERING MATERIALS (2023)
- Thickness-Dependent Thermal Conductivity and Phonon Mean Free Path Distribution in Single-Crystalline Barium Titanate , ADVANCED SCIENCE (2023)
- Effect of buffer termination on intermixing and conductivity in LaTiO3/SrTiO3 heterostructures integrated on Si(100) , JOURNAL OF VACUUM SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY A (2022)
- Oxygen Vacancy-Induced Anomalous Hall Effect in a Nominally Non-magnetic Oxide , JOURNAL OF ELECTRONIC MATERIALS (2022)
- Superconducting phase of TixOy thin films grown by molecular beam epitaxy , PHYSICAL REVIEW MATERIALS (2022)
- Superconductivity and Weak Anti-localization at KTaO3 (111) Interfaces , JOURNAL OF ELECTRONIC MATERIALS (2022)
- Thickness and temperature dependence of the atomic-scale structure of SrRuO3 thin films , APL MATERIALS (2022)