Professor Weninger received his PhD in 1997 from the University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA). After postdoctoral appointments at UCLA (1997-2000) and Stanford University (2000-2004), he joined the faculty of North Carolina State University in 2004 as an assistant professor.
Area(s) of Expertise
Professor Weninger develops single molecule fluorescence methods and applies them to study biomolecular systems. In particular, his lab uses single molecule fluorescence resonance energy transfer (FRET) to characterize the conformational dynamics of multimeric protein complexes. Specific topics of interest include DNA mismatch repair and intrinsically disordered proteins.
- Integrative structural dynamics probing of the conformational heterogeneity in synaptosomal-associated protein 25 , CELL REPORTS PHYSICAL SCIENCE (2021)
- Molecular conformations and dynamics of nucleotide repeats associated with neurodegenerative diseases: double helices and CAG hairpin loops , COMPUTATIONAL AND STRUCTURAL BIOTECHNOLOGY JOURNAL (2021)
- Structure, dynamics, and regulation of TRF1-TIN2-mediated trans- and cis-interactions on telomeric DNA , JOURNAL OF BIOLOGICAL CHEMISTRY (2021)
- Dynamic human MutS alpha-MutL alpha complexes compact mismatched DNA , PROCEEDINGS OF THE NATIONAL ACADEMY OF SCIENCES OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (2020)
- Dynamics of strand slippage in DNA hairpins formed by CAG repeats: roles of sequence parity and trinucleotide interrupts , Nucleic Acids Research (2020)
- How Membrane Geometry Regulates Protein Sorting Independently of Mean Curvature , ACS CENTRAL SCIENCE (2020)
- Recurrent mismatch binding by MutS mobile clamps on DNA localizes repair complexes nearby , PROCEEDINGS OF THE NATIONAL ACADEMY OF SCIENCES OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (2020)
- Investigating the Function of Mutl Conformational Changes in Mismatch Repair using smFRET , Biophysical Journal (2019)
- Spontaneous Switching among Conformational Ensembles in Intrinsically Disordered Proteins , BIOMOLECULES (2019)
- Structural and Dynamical Order of a Disordered Protein: Molecular Insights into Conformational Switching of PAGE4 at the Systems Level , BIOMOLECULES (2019)