Professor Green completed his PhD at Stanford University in 2010, after which he came to the Triangle Area as a postdoctoral researcher at UNC – Chapel Hill. In 2013 he was named a Wigner Fellow at Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL), and in August of 2015 he joined the faculty at NCSU as an Assistant Professor with a joint appointment with ORNL. He is a member of NCSU’s Experimental Nuclear Physics Group, and the Triangle Universities Nuclear Laboratory (TUNL).
Area(s) of Expertise
Dr. Green’s work focuses on experimentally probing the properties and interactions of neutrinos, elementary particles lacking electric charge and of diminutive mass. Currently he is working with the Majorana Collaboration to build the MAJORANA DEMONSTRATOR. This experiment aims to observe Neutrinoless Double Beta Decay (0vBB), a nuclear decay which can only occur if neutrinos are their own anti-particle. He is also working with the COHERENT Collaboration to detect Coherent Elastic Neutrino Nucleus Scattering (CEvNS), an as-yet unobserved standard model process, using ORNL’s Spallation Neutron Source as a pulsed source of neutrinos.
- Experimental study of C-13(?, n)O-16 reactions in the MAJORANA DEMONSTRATOR calibration data , PHYSICAL REVIEW C (2022)
- Monitoring the SNS basement neutron background with the MARS detector , JOURNAL OF INSTRUMENTATION (2022)
- Search for Solar Axions via Axion-Photon Coupling with the MAJORANA DEMONSTRATOR , PHYSICAL REVIEW LETTERS (2022)
- Signatures of muonic activation in the MAJORANA DEMONSTRATOR , PHYSICAL REVIEW C (2022)
- Simulating the neutrino flux from the Spallation Neutron Source for the COHERENT experiment , PHYSICAL REVIEW D (2022)
- The MAJORANA DEMONSTRATOR readout electronics system , JOURNAL OF INSTRUMENTATION (2022)
- alpha-event characterization and rejection in point-contact HPGe detectors , EUROPEAN PHYSICAL JOURNAL C (2022)
- ADC Nonlinearity Correction for the Majorana Demonstrator , IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON NUCLEAR SCIENCE (2021)
- Development of a Kr-83m source for the calibration of the CENNS-10 liquid argon detector , JOURNAL OF INSTRUMENTATION (2021)
- First Measurement of Coherent Elastic Neutrino-Nucleus Scattering on Argon , PHYSICAL REVIEW LETTERS (2021)