Dr. Skokov joined the Physics department as an Assistant professor and Riken – Brookhaven National Laboratory (RBRC) fellow in the fall of 2018. Dr. Skokov got his PhD in Joint Institute for Nuclear Researchers in Dubna, Russia Federation. He then held postdoctoral positions at GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung, Darmstadt, Germany, and Brookhaven National Laboratory.
Area(s) of Expertise
Dr. Vladimir Skokov is a theoretical physicist specializing in high energy nuclear physics. His primary research interests are Quantum Chromodynamics in extreme conditions, including hight temperature, density or/and magnetic field. Additionally, Dr. Skokov studies the nuclear structure and nuclear wave functions at high energies. Recent experiment and advances in theory suggest that, at high energies, every hadron, including proton, neutron and nucleus appear as dense “walls” of gluons, creating what might be among the strongest (chromo)electric and magnetic fields in nature. Studying this novel form of matter, the so-called color glass condensate, will help better understand non-linear dynamics of quantum-chromodynamics.
- Angular correlations in pA collisions from CGC: multiplicity and mean transverse momentum dependence of v2 , EUROPEAN PHYSICAL JOURNAL C (2021)
- First saturation correction in high energy proton-nucleus collisions. Part I. Time evolution of classical Yang-Mills fields beyond leading order , JOURNAL OF HIGH ENERGY PHYSICS (2021)
- First saturation correction in high energy proton-nucleus collisions. Part II. Single inclusive semi-hard gluon production , JOURNAL OF HIGH ENERGY PHYSICS (2021)
- Transasymptotics and hydrodynamization of the Fokker-Planck equation for gluons , PHYSICAL REVIEW D (2021)
- Universality driven analytic structure of QCD crossover: radius of convergence and QCD critical point , NUCLEAR PHYSICS A (2021)
- Universality driven analytic structure of the QCD crossover: Radius of convergence in the baryon chemical potential , Physical Review D (2021)
- Conundrum for the free energy of a holonomous gluonic plasma at cubic order , Physics Letters, Section B: Nuclear, Elementary Particle and High-Energy Physics (2020)
- Entanglement, partial set of measurements, and diagonality of the density matrix in the parton model , Physical Review D (2020)
- Explosive boiling-up in a swirl jet of superheated ethanol , International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer (2020)
- Free energy of a holonomous plasma , PHYSICAL REVIEW D (2020)