Teaching Asst Professor
Riddick Hall 306
Other activities of note:
- Led teacher workshops and a curriculum development project as part of the NASA funded Georgians Experience Astronomy Research in Schools (GEARS) grant reaching over 100 high school teachers. 2009-2012
- Selected for the NASA 21st Century Academy at Ames Research Center. 2016
- Co-led Modeling Workshop in Physical Science for middle school science and special education co-teachers. 2008
- Attendee and member of organizing committee for Faculty Academy for Learning Through Performance Standards and Assessment. 2005-2006
- Girls Who Code club facilitator. 2016-present
Current interests include:
- Engagement in large lecture style classes.
- Using physics education research in the physics classroom.
- Enhancing participation by under-represented groups in physics.
- Development of projects and open ended problems to inspire STEM interest and persistence.
- Total solar eclipse watching.
Honor societies and memberships:
- Sigma Pi Sigma
- Sigma Xi
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Phi Kappa Phi
- Daughters of the American Revolution
- American Association of Physics Teachers
Students take note – I said yes to all the honor societies that invited me, you should too!